Norm Kunc| What’s Your Credo?

Every day people challenge me: Why do I believe what I believe? The news is focused on controversy about DEI: Diversity, Equality, Inclusion. What’s wrong with the Medical Model? What’s wrong with the Charity Model? What’s the big deal about...

Language of the Heart| Heartaches and Heartsongs

photo credit: qthomasbower In the post: Caring Community| People First Language we talked about the power of labels, negative stereotypes and the paradigm shift of looking at all people as PEOPLE First! Today, on Valentine’s Day, I am asking you to think about...

Better than Church

Playing for Change “Lean on Me” from Playing for Change. What I love about this video is musicians from all over the world are playing the same song. Giving the same message. Gritty to sophisticated, washboards to violins–it’s the same song and...

Better than 1000 words: our Fall escape to Indiana

Aaron, Tom and I made our get-away-from-moving trip was to Clifty Falls State Park in Indiana. The weather was perfect, the ride up the Ohio was perfect, Aaron was perfect. Whew! When your child has a severe disability and doesn’t talk with words, you look for...

Sandwich generation? It’s a pickle.

photo credit: williamhartz People who have to take care of their elderly parents and their children are sometimes called the “Sandwich Generation.” My experiences the last couple days, reminds me not only of a sandwich, but an old baseball game called...