Better than Church

Playing for Change “Lean on Me” from Playing for Change. What I love about this video is musicians from all over the world are playing the same song. Giving the same message. Gritty to sophisticated, washboards to violins–it’s the same song and...

Better than 1000 words: our Fall escape to Indiana

Aaron, Tom and I made our get-away-from-moving trip was to Clifty Falls State Park in Indiana. The weather was perfect, the ride up the Ohio was perfect, Aaron was perfect. Whew! When your child has a severe disability and doesn’t talk with words, you look for...

Sandwich generation? It’s a pickle.

photo credit: williamhartz People who have to take care of their elderly parents and their children are sometimes called the “Sandwich Generation.” My experiences the last couple days, reminds me not only of a sandwich, but an old baseball game called...

What makes you special?

photo credit: jpellgen My granddaughter, Isabella, brought home a paper where all her classmates wrote a sentence about what they liked about her. It reminded me of this story. God Bless her third grade teacher, Mrs. Link. This anonymous story is titled simply,...

The “R” Word: A Challenge to Bloggers.

The “R” Word: A Challenge to Bloggers. Stop the “R” Word March 2018 is designated “Stop the ‘R’ Word day. If you go to their website they have many ideas for activities and actions. If we each do one thing, we can make a...